"My True Roots" turns 2 !




My Very 1st Blog! was 2 Years Ago!
November 7th, 2012 at 2:32pm in Honor of my Dad on the Day he Passed.
Read Below



My True Roots
2nd Blogiversary


YeS! LORD!......yes LORD! 
I Just want to "ThaNk YOu"! 




I PrAiSe YOU! I Thank You for Guiding Me : for Holding Me: for keeping me in your HaNds : All Day and All Night : I lie my FaIth in nothing but You: above all else,Your are my STrengTh! With YoU all This is Possible. Thank You for that "Quiet Place"......

I THANK YOU!

To: My Entire Family...There are so many that take my calls, my email, my text at any Given hour. You all know who you Are.  For Bettye, Bug (My Father) Bobby & Corky.  Without you all placing your Trust in Me this wouldn't be Possible. I'm Grateful for you all taking time to help me. Thank you for all your Prayers & Encouragement. Please know that every Word and Picture I place on my Blog is because you have Contributed

I don't Do My True Roots alone.

My Friends ~ Fellow Bloggers ~ My Genealogy Community ~ 

You, My Readers the most faithful of them ALL, have stuck by me * encouraged me *  prompted me *  gave me criticism when needed * advised, taking my Hand and Walking with Me all the way through. 
I Thank YOU!

For The House That Built Me

Daddie and Mom

James E. Lewis 1918 ~ November 7th,2009
  
 Tinnie L. Miles Lewis 1923 ~ November 11th, 2008

My Sweet November
http://www.mrwallpaper.com/wallpapers/lilac-purple-flowers.jpg

I never Walk alone.......
I'm Posting this Blogiversary Piece on the same Date and Time as I did for my Very 1st Post. November is always Bittersweet, both the People I Love and Miss! passed away on this month. Mom passed away on Veterans Day that year on a Tuesday the 11th. Daddy followed her 361 days later on my Army Retirement date. November 7th.  They left me that "Sweet" as a Remembrance always. They don't have to worry about me Forgetting them. 
What a Journey I have been on.
I do this Work of Recording our Family History and Genealogy because of them. They unashamedly taught me so many lessons that will carry me through Life. They poured so many stories and documents from the Ancestors onto me. I was the Vessel. I'm Grateful that they took the time to answer so many Questions from my inquisitive mostly nosey self. Always questioning this and that. I wouldn't have half of what I can write to you if it wasn't for them. 

Thank You Everyone
Thanks for stopping over and reading about my Family History for the last 2 years. It's Very Much Appreciated! Thanks for all your Comments and NoTe's! and simply taking the time. Please keep coming by as I grow. It's been a Very Great 2 years with all your Support. I hope I'm growing and learning more each day to become my Family's Griot. Telling Our Stories better as time goes on. 

So many Exciting & Positive Blessings  happening for 

My True Roots! 

 My Sankofa Journey to Georgia and Alabama in October and some Great Finds for future Blog Posts, Attending my Historical Society Meeting for the 1st time in 4 years. Learning about my DNA ! and my Haplogroups: U5b1c2 and E1b1a7a! and where I come from!, it's been a Honor for me to be chosen as a 2015 FGS Ambassador  for the Federation of Genealogical Societies

Having a segment on my Family History Revealed on something even I knew nothing about! as much as I research! on PBS  for Genealogy Roadshow

Keep the Faith! & know your Ancestors are with you, Guiding You......



Don't forget to click the LINK at the TOP on my very 1st Blog Piece. To see how I got started from 2 years ago.... to now. 


 Happy 2nd Blogiversary!

My True Roots

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Printfriendly