Did I find Granddaddy Ike Ivery's Land?

Did I find Granddaddy Ike Ivery's Land?

Or where he was Living his last few years of Life?


As I was researching for Granddaddy's Ike's Son William. He is listed on page 11. When I notice the name of the Road he is Living on.....OhMy! I take another glance at this!

NoTe's To MySelf

1930

1930 Bullock County, Midway Alabama Census
Source Citation
Year: 1930; Census Place: Midway, Bullock, Alabama; Roll: 3; Page: 7B;Enumeration District: 0003; Image: 52.0; FHL microfilm: 2339738
Description
Enumeration District : 3; Description: PRECINCT 1, MIDWAY (SOUTH PART), EXCLUDING MIDWAY TOWN




"Highlighted"

My True Roots
Granddaddy Ike in 1930 Line 68    






Directions: to Old Pine Grove Road: 

Follow AL-110 and AL-6 East/US-82 East to Old Pine Grove Road




My True Roots
Streetview of Old Pine Grove Road


What's AMAZING! I see Granddaddy Ike!
 After all these years with this Census in my Records, he is Living on Pine Grove Road! on Page 14! Line 68! with Berta!

 Dwelling #117, Family #119

I'm not sure if this Census was updated? Or did I misread all this time? How many times have I gone over this 1 Census? I learn something new every time of things I missed before. 

Does this coincide with the 1912 Deed I have? So many questions! Was he renting from his Son William? Did they exchange Ownership because of his ill health? Granddaddy Ike died in 1937. Is this the same Road in 1930 as in 2014 from Google Maps? Aunt Sall said he was sick his last few years. Could that be a possibility? 

Leave me a "NoTe" or Comment and let me know what you Think?




My True Roots
Old Pine Grove Road as of 2014 

Granddaddy Ike!

Bless your Heart! I'm beyond myself on this Saturday Morning....It's on the Census. You are surrounded by your children. 

I'll have to find supporting Documents as a good researcher would.  What else can I believe? For now it's the closest I have come and I'm going with it. After 7 years. Today was the Day. 

I'll continue to follow your Footprints you so left behind, to Lead me to the Truth.

Genealogical Sketch


William Ivey  1817 
Ike Ivery  1853~1937
Eddie Lee Ivery Lewis  1884~1946
James E. Lewis Sr.  1918~2009
James Jr. and then came Me
True Lewis 

My True Roots
Me and Granddaddy Ike. 2009.

Thanks to my BlogSister Kristin Cleage  of Finding Eliza. That Doorbell ring must of been for me this Morning.

I can't wait to get to Midway, Alabama

I have to walk on this Land

 Old Pine Grove Road.

I have to....I just have to.




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Printfriendly