Family Heirlooms • Tea Cup Saucers















I'm perplexed; what these actually are? 

I think the confusion comes from several different uses I have seen them being used. 

Daddy would keep these up high in the cabinet. He especially kept one on his nightstand.

Growing up he used it as a coaster to keep his cup of water that he took upstairs nightly. That was a ritual for him and Mom. Their Cup of water. 
Reason for using this glass dish he didn't want to watermark the dresser. He also kept a paper towel underneath this saucer for extra security.  

I actually thought they were ashtrays.
  
My Husband seems to think they are Tea Cup Saucers. 


What do you think these are?




Blog Sisters Family Heirlooms Stories 



Jeanne Bryan Insalaco: Everyone has a Story to Tell
Cathy Meder-Dempsey: Opening Doors in Brick Walls 
Vera Marie Badertscher: Ancestors In Aprons
Karen Beisfeld: Vorfahhrensucher
Schalene Jennings Dagutis: Tangled Roots and Trees
Jacqui Kirkman: Leaves on my Family Tree 
Kendra Schmidt: Trek Thru Time


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Printfriendly