1 Year Blogiversary!

Today is my 1st Year Blogiversary and I'm so Happy and Proud I made it!



Cupcake provided by FoodandTools



I'll also make this my Blog Prompt of "Tombstone Thursday" from Geneabloggers

I choose this date a year ago after much thought and trepidation to remind myself why I do this. It's because of my Parents who raised me. I want to share their Lives and keep their stories going.

On the day of the funeral for Daddy, Rev. Leon X. Eichelberger 3rd did Daddy's Going Home Service. 


Daddy's Obit

He preached from:
  •  Timothy 2 Chapter 2  Verses 1-3  King James Version.
  1. Thou therefore, my Son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
  2. And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
  3. Thou therefore endure hardships, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.


Strong in Grace, Endure Hardness, Good Soldier.....

Those words were all Daddy, until the day he Passed. So I dedicate this to Blog to Daddy and Thank him and Mom for all the "Notes" I have to tell. They are my Blessings. Miss and Love you Dearly and your always on my Heart......

Here's a link to my 1st Blog a Year ago. Threshold of Blogging! 1#
Mom and Daddy at their Combined 85th and 90th Birthday Party (left; Bettye and Me)


Together in Heaven
July 10th, 1918 ~ November 7th, 2009


27 comments:

  1. What a living testament, didn't know their death dates were me and my sister's birthday's we were born year and 4 days apart just like their deaths. This post is truly a "WOW" moment. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful dedication. Happy blogoversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet tribute. Happy 1st Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tlhanks Jana! it was on my mind.....Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. True,

      I want to let you know that your blog post and blog are listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2013/11/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-november-8.html

      Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
    3. Oh MY! Thank you Jana!!!!!!! that is such a Honor! I love it! Thank you so Much for thinking of me and listing my blog! Great idea for Follow Friday.

      Delete
  4. Great tribute and good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Victori! Thank you Girl for stopping by. I so appreciate it! I had to do it today! Missing them both Much today. I know they are laughing at all the "Fuss" abt them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No doubt your Daddy's grinning today True and very, VERY proud of you! Beautiful tribute to your parents! Congrats on your 1 year Blogiversary Sister! You have every right to celebrate!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you My Sister, Thank you my Sister.......

      Delete
  7. "Strong in Grace, Endure Hardness, Good Soldier" <----- True, I LOVE those words that are a befitting tribute to your parents!

    Happy Blogiversary sis! WOW! Time flies doesn't it?! Well, I'm so glad that I have this virtual connection with you and look forward to one day connecting with you in person too! Blessings to you and yours ALWAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Blogiversary to you True! Thank you so much for sharing all these beautiful "Notes" with us. Here's to many more years of wonderful blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! I love when you stop by! I appreciate it! I'll be over soon!....

      Delete
  9. Liv Thanks for stopping by! Time sure flew; who knew? I look foward to meeting you also while we are here on Earth. Thanks again. Continued Blessings to you and YOURS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheers to more marvelous blogging years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely tribute to your parents and best wishes on your first year blogging. The image of the cupcake that you have used on your blog belongs to my own blog http://foodandtools.com/2012/09/02/blogs-1st-anniversary/ so please could you link it back to it's original source if you wish to keep it on your site. Thanking you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you foodandtools! It was very lovely with all my colors I like, I would be more than glad to link it back to you!

      Delete
  12. Thank you for the link-up and best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOu! Food and Tools. I'm partial to your site! I use to do "Foods" in the Military! Glad you showed me. Stop by again!

      Delete
  13. Congratulations, True!!! I am so PROUD of you!!! Way to go!!! Keep up good work!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. THANK YOU CAPPY!!!! I'm always smiling when you stop by! I will do my Best! that touched my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful tribute. Congratulations on your year anniversary as a blogger.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly