Hannah Barrick 1859-1860

Hannah Barrick was born about May 1859. 

She passed away on May 31, 1860. 

Hannah only lived 1 year. 2 months and 19 days.

She died of Scrofula. A tuberculous infection in the lymph nodes in the neck. 


Source for Hannah Barrick's death: Found on Ancestry. 

US Federal Census Mortality Schedules Index, 1850-1880.  

ID # 317_486


Sometimes referred as Tuberculosis. Pott's Disease. I can't believe Mr. Charles W. Mixer came up with this syrup.




Cancer & Scrofula Syrup


She is buried at Bethany Cemetery. Guisetown. Newville, Pennsylvania. Cumberland County. 

She was the 12th child of 13. 

Born to my 3rd Great Grandmother Rebecca Barrick (1820 ~ 1896) and Great Grandfather Andrew Barrick (1817 ~1876). 

Andrew and Rebecca Barrick


My Grandma Rebecca was 39 years old the year she gave birth to Hannah.



Hannah is my 2nd Great Aunt


A lot of my Genealogy Bloggers were talking about March 24th was World Tuberculosis Day, over at Geneabloggers  so it got me to thinking who in my family had TB? 

I had Aunt Francis and my Aunt Hannah

Aunt Hannah is a baby. She got to my heartstrings. 


Rest Well Aunt Hannah.....







No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Printfriendly